Prop 65 Alert
Prop 65 is a California law that requires businesses to provide a warning to consumers about exposure to chemicals that can cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. The law maintains a list of over 900 chemicals that are known to cause harm, and businesses must comply with the warning requirement if their products contain any of those chemicals.
If a chemical from the Prop 65 list is present in the product you’re selling, it’s mandatory to provide a “clear and reasonable” warning to the consumer. To comply with this requirement, online merchants can use our Prop 65 Alert, which enables them to display a compliant warning message on the product page and checkout.
Our Prop 65 Alert is designed to be user-friendly, easy to use, and the quickest way to get on the road to compliance with Prop 65 regulations.
Prop 65 Alert Features:
- Custom field value determines which products are Prop 65 eligible
- Prop 65 warning, with a clickable link, is displayed on products based on custom field value
- Prop 65 warning, with a clickable link, is displayed during checkout
- Editable warning text for custom messaging
- Installation includes adding code to the product page and checkout
Prop 65 Alert is not included in migration or custom design packages and is available as an add-on for new or existing stores. May not be compatible with 3rd party themes.
- Platforms: BigCommerce
- Self Installable? No
- Installation Fee: $129
- Monthly Service Fee: $0